If you've wanted to try making ice cream but don't have an ice cream maker, this no-churn ice cream recipe is a great place to start. No-churn ice cream is such a wonderful recipe to have in your back pocket for those hot summer months. This quick and easy recipe yields a perfectly sweetened and creamy ice cream that is delicious on its own or can easily be customized with your favorite mix-ins, flavorings, and toppings.
- Stand Mixer
- For the peach ice cream base:
- 1 lb fresh peaches
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 14-oz can can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- For mixing in:
- 1-2 medium peaches, peeled and diced
For the peach ice cream:
- Peel peaches if desired (the recipe works either way). Pit, slice, and add to the bowl of a blender or food processor. Add the lemon juice and blend on high speed until reduced to a purée.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt, and blend until fully combined with the peach purée. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form when the mixer is stopped and lifted – about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the peach mixture to the whipped cream and gently fold together with a spatula until combined and smooth. You don't want to deflate the whipped cream!
- Scrape half the mixture into a 2-quart freezer-safe dish (a 9×5 inch loaf pan works great), scatter half the diced peaches over top, then pour in the rest of the mixture. Scatter the remaining diced peaches over top and then swirl in gently with the spatula.
- Cover tightly and freeze for at least 6 hours and up to 2 weeks. For easiest scooping, remove from freezer 20-30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Note: Store any leftovers covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe created by: Katiebird Bakes